Here's the basic idea: think about a beautiful tea party (that's relaxing, isn't it?) and all the things you might enjoy there--then scale it down to one serving. It's as easy as that! Package up your tea party for one, and you have a quick and easy gift for that someone special.
You can make it as elaborate or as simple as you want. Here's a list of things I grabbed for this kit:
* teacup & saucer (you can find beautiful teacups at thrift stores or flea markets for just a couple bucks!)
* two tea bags of your favorite holiday blend
* sugar cubes! (I thought the cubes would be so special, but I never could find any...)
* small candle (you could even include a small matchbox that you dressed up with scrapbook paper)
* decorated sugar cookies (or any Christmas cookie/dessert)
* pretty linen napkin (vintage ones from flea markets would be fun or iron on a monogram to a plain white one)
* fresh flowers (like maybe 3) in a small vase or in a plastic floral tube with water
* doilies (I used one as a place mat to set the teacup on and one to decorate the front of the bag)
* bag or box to put everything in
* tissue paper
* embellishments (ribbon, scrapbook paper, letters, etc.)
* optional: I included a Christmas tree cookie cutter with mine; another neat idea would be to include a CD of soft music as part of the gift
* gift tags with "just add water" and "kit includes..." printed on them (see photo below)
UPDATE: I just ran across a lovely printable for tea bag envelopes HERE via Homespun with Love! Check them out. They are adorable!
See how cute it all is? Wouldn't you love getting one? :-)
And that's how easy it is to make this "Tea Party for One" kit. I think I'll go make myself one now...
P.S. If you love gift kit ideas like I do, then check out my Christmas Pinterest board for lots more homemade kits. They make GREAT gifts!