For some reason, I have gotten into painting my nails lately. Maybe because it's such a low-commitment way to accessorize. Or maybe because it's a mindless naptime outlet for my creativity. Whatever the reason, I've been having fun playing with water marbles lately. I'm also an accent nail girl, because I certainly don't have time to do anything dramatic on all my nails, and the dramatic stuff is really where the fun is. :-) Anyway, I thought I'd share my St. Patrick's Day shamrock manicure.
This video is a great place to start. She shows you basically the process I used, though my end product is pretty different. The polishes I used were: Love & Beauty "Mint" (from Forever 21), Sinful Colors "Exotic Green," and I added some gold sparkle with Wet & Wild "The Gold & the Beautiful."
- A small cup of filtered water
- Toothpicks (some people use orange sticks; I like the tossability of toothpicks)
- Medical tape (some people just use scotch, but I like the flexibility of medical tape)
- Polish! I find that usually higher contrast colors yield the prettiest results. Unlike my green mani. :D
- Always tape your nail off or else you will end up with a mess to clean up! Give your nail a base coat and a coat of white so the colors will show up.
- Make your bulls-eye like the video showed. You want your final circle to be the same size as the final clover size.
- Very lightly pull the four sides in to make the clover shape. (also in the video)
- Dip and go!!
I know it's a little funky, but I guess that's why I like it. :-) And ONLY St. Patrick's Day would ever get me to wear green nail polish, ha! Let me know if you try it!